We visited the venue yesterday - Foxton Beach Boys Brigade and it iwill be a great site. Heaps of space to camp and to play in under big pine trees.
So what to bring?
Here is a checklist....
1. Your own bedding (and camping gear if you are camping)
Breakfast, lunch, and the stuff for each evening meal .There is a menu for evening meals under food on this blog so please take the time to read it.
I am sure everyone will help out, but the plan is to have a few folk organising each dinner, so we all get a break for the kitchen so far I have Karen, Heather, Kate, Willow, Suzanne, Joanne offering to help, let me know if you are able to (ie have a partner there or don't have young children...)
(Hhhmmmmm looks like the men are on dishes!!)
3. Bring cash for smoothies, nuts and dried fruit, pancake breakfast, market day, juggling workshop, paintball target range....
There is dairy and cafe within walking distance and a supermarket and vege store a 5 min drive away.
4. Board games for Friday night
5. Concert instruments/ equipment for Sunday night - dancing, music, poetry, magic, drama....
children and ADULTS can perform.
6. Medieval dress ups for Saturday night..
7. Beach gear - boogie boards, wetsuits, togs etc...
8. Any money for the retreat camp & wind warriors can be deposited into the Hearthland account for up to a week afterwards.
Please let me know if you need to pay in instalments. :)
9. Bring your questions and queries, sense of humour, your wisdom, your wonderings,your wonderful children and your amazing selves!
See you there....