- Settle in,
- Flag making
- Sharing our stories and unschooling journey.
- Fire circle- drumming, music, singing.
- Sharing our stories- (continued if necessary)
- Glow Worm walk -. for those interested
Saturday 18th Feb
- Yoga [or similar]
- Wild Food Walk with Steve Porteous. [ http://human.org.nz/ ]
- Dad's perspective on unschooling.
- Shared pot-luck dinner.
- Parade with flags and drums
- Fancy dress dance party- theme- The Letter 'F' [fun, freedom, fairies, firemen,...??].
Sunday 19th Feb
8:00- 9:00 am
- Pancake breakfast- 50c each.
This is for children and adults to sell, trade and buy new, secondhand, handmade, craft, services [eg. massage]. Get creative!
10:30 am - 12:00 pm.
- Women's circle.
- Interactive Nature School with Steve Porteous.
- Kids Forum- older children talk and answer questions about their life as an unschooled child.
DINNER [To be decided.]
- Blackboard Concert. Come and share your talents! Music, drama, dance, poetry..
Monday the 20th
- Yoga or similar.
Pack up, clean up.
Final group session and closing.
Short bush walk, group game/activity. (Capture the Flag)
What are discussions?
We are running this retreat as an informal and fun way for people to discuss a variety of topics and connect with other unschoolers. Discussion topics can be roughly covered by "The Challenges of Unschooling" and there will be a blackboard to add specific questions and topics to share. There will be a microphone available and a facilitator.
Topics may include
- Meeting the different needs of different ages/stages of your children
- How unschoolers learn to read, write and do maths
- Meeting your own needs
- Changing needs/older children/when they want to go to school
- Reactions/questions/support from family, friends and the wider community
- Unschooling philosophy as a holistic life philosophy
- Children's role in your family - jobs, pocket money....
Running alongside the discussions, women's circle and men's discussion there will be the following fun activiites....flag making, flax weaving, string games, stone painting, drum and shaker making, knot tying, making bull roarers, playdough, Poi (TBC), cricket.
We also have a lot of mad musicians so please bring instruments.
Fun fun fun!!!